This innovative laundry solution from Ecoegg replaces detergent and fabric conditioner completely. Available in in Fresh Linen or Spring Blossom.
To put it simply I love the Ecoegg and it is up there with one of my favourite eco swaps so far. It replaces both laundry detergent and fabric condition using two types of natural mineral pellets encased in a recyclable egg.
- It contains no harmful chemicals so its kind to your skin.
- No single use plastic: The ecoegg Laundry Egg helps to reduce your plastic use as you can use it for around 70 washes with the minerals it comes with. Then all you have to do is buy the Refill Laundry Egg Pellets which allow you to use the egg over and over again.
- SAVE UPTO 40 BOTTLES OF PLASTIC EACH YEAR!!! If you switch from liquid detergent and fabric conditioner to a Laundry Egg it will stop 40 plastic bottles ending up in landfill. (Figures based on 7 washes a week and 18 wash bottles.)
- It will also save you £££ as it works out at about 14p per wash.
- Vegan & cruelty free. The Ecoegg is made without any testing or cruelty to animals, and is made without any animal derivatives.
How To Use
Simply open your Laundry Egg and fill the larger half of the egg with the two types of mineral pellets. Close your egg so that it ‘clicks’ and place it in your washing machine on top of your laundry.
The mineral pellets work together in the water to effectively draw dirt from your clothing fibres and soften your clothes by changing the pH, leaving your laundry clean and fresh without using harmful chemical laden detergents. The mineral pellets in the ecoegg Laundry Egg are perfect for people with sensitive skin, are non-biological and do not contain any petrochemicals, enzymes, bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES, palm oil or microplastics. You’ll need to replace your mineral pellets after approximately 2 months of use or 70 washes.
It’s also recommended that you detox your washing machine every month to ensure it all stays clean and operates more efficiently. To use the detox tablets just unwrap one and place it in the drum of your empty machine with no clothing and then run your hottest wash cycle, preferably at 90 degrees.
Check out our blog on why you should switch laundry brands to Ecoegg https://theecofriendlylivingco.myshopify.com/admin/blogs/53788737667/articles/392946024605.
All our packaging is plastic free so please make sure you reuse, recycle or compost where possible.